Friday 10 October 2014

Sirdar Cotton DK Cardigan

Yes, I finally finished this cardigan! It took me much longer than I had hoped but seeing as I've been working full time and haven't had nearly as much time to knit as I'd been used to, I'm just pleased it's done.


I used a pattern from this Sirdar Summer brochure, and love how the diagonal ribbing adds a bit of interest to an otherwise plain cardigan. It actually wasn't too complicated to knit either, I managed to keep track to the pattern while I was watching TV at the same time, really easy counting!



I love the bold red colour of the yarn, and even better, none of the colour came out the first time I washed it! Definitely good quality.

Personally, I'm pleased with how I managed to match up the diagonal across the side seams.


My favourite part though is the buttons. I got these from my local haberdashery ages ago and have been waiting for the perfect thing to use them on.


In other news, I went to the Knitting & Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace yesterday, had a fantastic day, and will tell you more about it in another post soon - once I'v recovered from how much money I spent!

1 comment:

  1. Really awesome cotton cardigan.. I have also this type of cotton cardigan which gives a cool and stylish look...

    ReplyDelete