Wednesday 31 December 2014

Crafty Christmas Presents

The last day of 2014. I can't quite fathom how we seemed to get here so quickly. But yes, another year gone by and another one round the corner ready to begin. Do you choose New Year's Resolutions? I usually do but I'm never especially diligent about sticking to them, they tend to be more general guidelines for things I'd like to do during the year rather than 'must do's' - although I might have to be a bit more strict with the 'eating healthier, do more exercise and lose weight' one this time as I have a bridesmaid dress to fit into in the summer!

But before we get too serious, I just wanted to show you the crafty presents I was lucky enough to receive for Christmas.


My sister and her fiance bought me this book of knitting patterns which was a nice surprise to get something so considered. I've not heard of this lady before but a quick Amazon search found a few more things she's published, and another out this year that looks interesting. I particularly like this stained glass window effect pattern for a tank top which will probably be added to my extensive project list.


My uncle and auntie gave me this book my Debbie Shore, I've watched here on TV a few times and like her quick easy projects, so this will definitely get an outing for stash-busting makes with the sewing machine. I like these little cushions, they'd look really pretty in a mix of patterns.



Finally, from Father Christmas (aka Mum and Dad), I got this ball of Sirdar Heart & Sole sock yarn and the DPNs to knit the pattern. Socks have been on my waiting list to try for ages so I was really pleased with this, and just how happy are those colours!


I cast on the afternoon of Christmas Day and finished the first sock yesterday. I'm glad I'd had a bit of practice with DPNs beforehand as they can be a bit unwieldy, but the heel turned out not to be half as complicated as I'd imagined, and I'm really pleased with how it's turned out. I've also made sure to cast on the second sock straight away so as not to fall into the 'one sock syndrome' trap!


Oh, the Christmas Pudding turned out beautifully, Mum and I enjoyed it on Christmas Day to finish off our lunch.



I've spent the last two days giving my room a really good sort out and have consolidated all my crafty stuff to be more easily accessible. And I've got a lot of stuff, it's worrying how quickly it accumulates! However, my philosophy is that if I can see it I'll do something with it, so I'm hoping having things readily to hand will encourage me to be more crafty in 2015 and try some of the things I've not go round to yet.

I'm off into town this afternoon for a quick look in the fabric shop to see if they've got anything good in the sale - they quite often have pre-cut pieces of Liberty cottons that are quite good value and a useful size so fingers crossed!

What did you all get as crafty Christmas presents? And are you making any crafty New Year's Resolutions? If so I wish you luck, and a very Happy 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment