Saturday 27 June 2015

Leonora Jumper in Blue

Hi! Another busy couple of weeks have kept me from updating, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been getting on with some sewing and knitting! I’ve got a couple of new sewn garments to show you in another post, but today is about knitting.

I finished my second Leonora jumper last week and I’m really happy with it. I love this pattern by Sarah Hatton, and the Rowan Revive yarn is wonderful to work this (I may have mentioned this before...).


I picked up a pack of the yarn in this beautiful blue blended colourway (the name Grit really doesn’t do it justice) at the Knitting & Stitching Show - and a pack of orange-y Silt which is next on my list to knit up.

The pattern is one I’ve knitted before, I blogged about my first version of this jumper last year, and I don’t mind using it again because it’s a shape and style that works for me. I love the little lace panel detail at the front and back necklines and cuffs, as well as the slightly more unusual (in knitting patterns anyway) square neckline.




This time around I made a couple of alterations: I knitted a size smaller than before which helped narrow the body and shoulders a little, I also knitted the body longer and the armhole-to-shoulder section is shorter. This was because in my first version the neckline ended up being a bit low for comfort (and decency) so I have to wear a vest top underneath. The new version now sits higher so I can get away with wearing it on its own. The longer body will also help here by not revealing any midriff if I’m stretching or reaching up for any reason!


Not much else to say on this one really – straightforward knit, fits really well, washes beautifully, gorgeous colour and with the cotton/silk blend I’ll be able to wear it through the summer without overheating (assuming we get much warm weather that is...).

I’m on holiday from work next week with a few days to chill out at home so I’m intending to get stuck into a few projects – hopefully a couple of quick and easy summer tops, maybe a dress or two, and start knitting another cardigan. I’ve also been catching up on a few of the free craft kits that come with Mollie Makes magazine, and stash-busting some yarn I won’t use for anything else with a bit of giant granny square crochet.


How’s your summer of crafting going so far? I’d love to see what you’ve been making, drop me a line with where to find you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment