Sunday 5 July 2015

Feathers T-Shirt

Hi! I'm on holiday from work this week so have been making the most of lots of time at the sewing machine. I'll probably post a few things up separately - mainly so I don't lose track myself!

For today though, this nice quick t-shirt. The pattern is New Look K6217 which is an outfit pack (I got it free with Sew magazine), but I've just stuck with the t-shirt for now (I might have a go at the trousers and skirt at some point). 


I cut my size straight out of the pattern paper going for the size 14 based on the finished garment measurements - there seems to be a lot of ease in this and I didn't want to be too swamped in fabric.


This is a medium weight cotton that I bought at the Knitting & Stitching Show (yes, still working through the stash...) and I loved the colour and print - peacock feather designs always look gorgeous I think.


Two pattern pieces and some bias binding for the neck and bobs your uncle. The keyhole detail at the back neck is a nice feature, though with the amount of ease in the pattern it's not strictly necessary from a functional point of view - I can get the top on quite easily without undoing the button.


Very happy with this, and easy to whip up in an afternoon. This is definitely going to be a staple pattern, in fact I've already made another one, and will be great for making easy and comfortable tops for the summer that I can wear for work or casual.


It's been glorious weather this week, although rather too hot and humid on Wednesday, so I'm hoping it lasts through July so I can wear lots of my new me-made cotton clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment