Saturday 18 July 2015

Liberty T-Shirt

Hi! Just a really quick post today, I’m super busy again with too much to cram in to not enough time!

This is another version of the New Look K6217 t-shirt (like my Feathers top for a few weeks ago) – nice and quick but a couple of alterations.


The fabric was a fab find in the Liberty sale a few weeks ago – gotta love a remnants table! Half price too so that always helps. I love the bold print that’s like mandalas, though I think it’s from the Alice in Wonderland collection they did this season so it’s probably supposed to look like the playing card designs – it’s called Lord Paisley.


With the experience of the first one under my belt, this time I lengthened the pattern by 3 inches to give me a bit more stomach coverage, and because I only had a one metre remnant I squeezed the back piece onto the fold instead of cutting two pieces. However, I’ve since realised that I made a bit of a rookie mistake here – I forgot that the back piece has a seam allowance included at the centre back, so my piece cut on the fold is two seam allowances-worth too big! D’oh!

It’s not too much of a disaster though and I think if I sew a pleat into the back of the neckline to take a bit of the extra fullness out it’ll be fine – I don’t mind it being looser through the body, the fine cotton voile drapes beautifully anyway. I left slits in the side seams too so that it's not too tight over my hips with the extra length.


I’m pleased with the symmetry of the print on the front and back, I made sure to iron the centre folds really well to line everything up! I used cream bias binding for the neckline which stays invisible on the inside.

Happy with this one, lovely and cool to wear and I love the colours.


I’m hoping to fit in another couple of quick sewing projects before I go on holiday, and I’m making good progress with my knitted cardi – but the free weekends are fast running out!

No comments:

Post a Comment