Saturday 3 October 2015

Colouring for Adults

Hi! Wow, I’m really looking forward to having a few days off at the end of next week, work has been very busy recently and I definitely need a chance to recharge my batteries!

Have you caught onto the craze for adult colouring books yet? I seem to have amassed a small collection but don’t get much opportunity to actually do any colouring!




 I loved colouring in as a child, and to this day I remain a ‘stay inside the lines’ kind of girl. I actually got this book of Christmas designs several years ago (from Hobbycraft I think) way before it became ‘cool’, but then I obviously got distracted by life and other stuff and it’s been sitting on my shelf ever since.


Some of the designs in the books I’ve got are just stunning – I have to say although they look incredible I’m not hugely keen on the really intricate mandala types as they’re just too fiddly and I don’t have the patience!





I took a couple of books on holiday with me over the summer with the intention of using some relaxing time to colour in a few pictures – and they remained in my bag untouched for the entire two weeks!

Since I got back I have done a couple of designs, and am trying to find time more regularly to sit and spend even just 20 minutes or so when I get home from work to do a little bit of a picture.
I’ve also got a reasonable collection of colouring pens and pencils in a good range of colours, so at least I can be more bold or subtle depending on my mood.



My other little stress buster is this smaller book which I keep in my work bag so I can dig it out for a few minutes when I need to give my brain a rest – there are some good repetitive patterns that are handy for when I don’t want to concentrate too hard.



Have you done any colouring? What are your favourite books and tools? Pens or pencils?

Ooh, I must share a little piece of good news with you – I’m going to be working with the Craft Cotton Company as a guest blogger! They put a message out on Twitter a few weeks ago and I thought I’d bite the bullet and get in touch. There’s a whole team of bloggers getting involved so you’ll be able to read about lots of different ideas, my first post for them will be about my trip to the Knitting& Stitching Show next week, so please look out for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment